Scope of this Policy
- What is the Legal Purpose for collecting personal information?
- To fulfill business obligations as per Terms of Usage.
- To store information of the student and their parents for the usage of the application by the educational institute (controller).
- We are processors, as we store, process, and transmit data as per customer requirements.
- Our customers (educational institutes) are controllers as they determine the purpose of the data processing.
Via our “Sites” and/or “Services”, Serosoft collects from you:
(i) certain personally identifiable (i.e. non-business) information,
(ii) certain business information, and
(iii) technical and other information
- General Site Visitors - When you browse the non-password protected portions of our “Sites” and/or “Services”, we only collect information tied to your name, email, postal address, phone, and other contact details when you engage in the following activities:
- Request information;
- Participate in a survey;
- Interact with our social media pages;
- Apply for employment, internship, or other volunteer opportunities;
- Subscribe to one of our newsletters;
- Post content where permitted on the Site or our other online locations.
- Registered Customers and Suppliers - At the time you become a registered customer of Serosoft or you register as a supplier on the site, we request that you provide us with certain personal information (including your or a business executive’s name, address, phone number, and email address).
- All Site Users Serosoft uses commonly-used automated information-gathering tools such as cookies. While you are browsing our “Sites” and/or “Services”, we automatically log your browser type, operating system, IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), general data (including your domain name, and the name of the web page from which you entered our site, and your activity while using our site. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
For the purpose of student enrolment, we collect the following information:
- Parent/Guardian information
- Student information
- Phone numbers
- Physical characteristics - height, weight
- Bank account/branch
Users of the organization (e.g. Teachers)
We retain personal information as per the Terms of contracts with our customers, the educational institutes (controller). We secure purge/delete the data in case of contract termination.
We transfer this information as per customer requirements. We currently keep customer data at the following location/s.
Europe – For West Europe region production server, backups are kept at North Europe region see details here:
Outside Europe – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/geographies/#geographies (Central India for both Production and backup and same for South Africa North)
Data subject rights
- The Right to Information
- The Right of Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Restriction of Processing
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Object
- The Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making
When you raise any request to fulfill your rights, we will first establish your identity and will then escalate the request to the entity, which is the source of the data for us.
We will perform the task as per our customer (controller) direction.
- We do not share your personal information with any third parties.
- We use the services of cloud service providers, who provide their independent assurance of privacy obligations.
- To know more about their privacy policies and assurance, please visit –
Reasonable security controls are in place that includes technical, personnel, and procedural controls to protect against unauthorized access, unauthorized modification, and unavailability.
- Access control
- Backup and Recovery
Our site permits you to contact us via email. Whenever you send an email via our site, you will be providing us with your name, title, email address, phone number, and any information you choose to include in the text of your message. For example, you may choose to provide your mailing address or other information necessary or helpful for us to address your query or other concern.
Privacy Contact information: email@example.com
At last annually, or as and when changes are required.