Will Online Learning replace the Orthodox Classroom?
At a time when most young children are comfortable with a smartphone and pencils, it would be foolish to believe that the traditional education model will survive as it is. Innovation requires constant change, most of which is reflected in higher education methods.
To get faster, the online learning platform has become very popular with the masses. If we look at the details later, we can simply say that the traditional teaching method is at the threshold of a spectacular transformation.
Online platforms, especially social networks, have enabled us to replace many frequently interactive processes such as dating, shopping, and banking. Online education is probably the next frontier for Internet-based convenience. Here is the reason why it’s so:
1. You can afford it: Online learning costs you nothing. Over 300 hours of renowned institute’s conferences from around the world are available on YouTube. This way of delivering education is more evolutionary because it reduces overall costs compared to traditional schools
2. It’s handy: You can take a course online at any time of day, just as you wish. Most distance learning programs have online communities and forums that improve accessibility and usability
3. You know where to find it: Courses are available online; You only need a good internet connection. Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are easily accessible to a variety of backgrounds, experiences, geographic regions, and student motivations
4. Controlled Learning: With online learning, you have more flexibility in choosing where, what, when, how, and how much of the training you acquire. Students can opt for MOOC EdX for a variety of reasons. Some only hope to learn, others are looking for some useful knowledge in some classes, while others are likely to be teachers looking for quality information on the latest developments in education
5. Preparing for the future: In terms of employment, today’s recruiters prefer candidates who are familiar with the detailed nuances of dynamic learning. Because online learning is implemented as a training tool in organizations, it is best to show its value for a clear path.
Innovation against tradition:
Just as some people can never forget the feeling of a bound book, many students still prefer personal interactions led by the traditional teacher. While loyalty and adherence to ancestral practices may retain some fragment of the student population, the lack of integration of technology and education could undermine the sustainability of an educational institution.
As we all know, schools have always been centers of tradition and innovation. Although teachers are likely to combine online and personal learning practices, ultimately, it depends on the innovators and the students’ preferences to better know the means of choice.
Competition in online learning is tough, and innovators are calling for tests and mistakes to transform the educational process.
Last but not least, there are apps! There is an application to learn everything and everything. Whether science or literature, a simple download can take miles to teach you that.
While students have gradually adopted online learning to a great extent, education providers still need to brainstorm on the student’s choice for online learning or orthodox classroom. But one thing which they can’t ignore is that the very fact that this wave of online learning is going to change the education dynamics in the future.
To know more about the advancement in educational technology, connect with our expert here.
Image Source: freepik.com