ERP for Educational Institutions
Make Your Educational Institution Future-Ready
Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP, originally a system developed for the manufacturing sector is now used across various industry sectors – educational ERP software being one of them. Advancement in technology has touched everyday lives, including the education system. Utilizing technology to its best advantage helps reduce everyday mismanagement at work, and concentrate on the core problems.
The education sector that used to be symbolized by kids learning from a ‘guru’ under the banyan tree, today, has grown into an industry that requires extensive interdepartmental collaboration even for minor tasks. This in turn has resulted in a need for better management and allocation of resources. People have started identifying a need for change in favor of what used to be the original agenda of an educational institution; this is where an ERP for Education comes into play. Essential activities including finances, student management, employee management, and extensive paperwork have all been automated by the first movers with the implementation of ERP systems for their educational institutions.
In this blog, we will learn what ERP is, why ERP solutions are essential for the educational institutions and how ERP is benefitting Universities, Higher Education institutions, Schools and Training institutions across the globe.
What is ERP?
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a database management system for businesses. It integrates the various operations running within an enterprise, automates the processes, and facilitates the error-free transaction that leads to enhanced organizational efficiency and productivity.
ERP systems run on multiple computer hardware and network configurations, typically using a database as an information repository. Nowadays, it comes with on-premise, cloud-based solutions and hybrid platform offerings. Organizations use it as per their convenience.
It is basically a computer software program that helps an organization to plan, manage, and keep records of all the core processes running within. Due to the convenience of the internet and fulfilling ever-increasing consumer demands; institutions are inclining toward ERP implementations including the education sector.
Why Do Educational Institutions Need ERP systems?
Educational institutions play a key role in shaping the future of a child not to mention a nation. Every step of education whether it’s K12 or higher education plays a critical role in the cognitive and academic development of their pupils. Therefore the educational institution deserves the best tools for their management practices, carrying out their administrative and academic processes in the most efficient and effective manner. It is important for them to keep themselves abreast with the modern technology and management tools for constant improvement in terms of knowledge impartation, their well-being and most importantly a strategic framework of child development.
Unlike previous days, now education institutions are filled with endless data, accumulated with tons of paperwork related to students, teachers, management, staff, parents and whatnot. Education ERP in education institutions provides all the support that an educational institution needs to manage these tasks, make their world easy, efficient and effective. It helps them to fulfill their ultimate objectives of the core development of students by providing them the luxury of time.
ERP Software for Schools
The schools are no longer 4X4 rooms with few students and one teacher guiding them with all subjects. During the last few decades, the education landscape has taken a jump, and technology implementation has become a necessity to support their growth. Today’s school management especially demands an ERP solution for maintaining their school-related operations which can make their work seamless and productive. A School ERP software helps them in easy access to information anytime-anywhere, in real-time, unlike the traditional work approach that is time-consuming and tedious.
ERP Software for Higher Education
Higher education has grown into an industry that requires extensive interdepartmental collaboration even for minor tasks. This in turn has resulted in a need for better management and allocation of resources. People have started identifying a need for change in favor of what used to be the original agenda of an educational institution; this is where an ERP comes into play. Essential activities including finances, employees’ management, and extensive paperwork have all been automated by first movers in the education industry towards the implementation of an ERP system.
What are the benefits of ERP in Education?
The advantages of an ERP system implementation in the education sector start from its cost-effectiveness, to maintain an efficient system. In concrete terms, it lets you save an immense amount of man-hours which in turn saves you a lot of money. The organization and security of data come implied in the use of an ERP service.
Let’s see what are the significant benefits of using ERP in education management:
- High Admission Rates Admissions are one of the core processes in any educational institution. It decides the overall performance of administration student strength to revenue generation. Not only is it crucial but it also requires attentive and tiring paperwork. Here comes the role of the admission management system by education ERP. From admission campaigns to inquiry management, student applications, entrance exams, everything becomes digital. It is one such solution that enables institutions to bring automated admissions in their academic management. It helps educators and staff to manage all the admission processes online in a seamless manner. If you would like to learn more about admission management systems and how it can help increase admissions for your institution then you can refer to our article on the benefits of using the admission management system.
- Better Student Management Every institute is student-centric. And requires continuous efforts from teachers and staff to manage student records, their personal and academic details, track of academic progress, mark sheet, etc. If an institute is not digitally enabled, all these processes are done manually which is not that efficient way of management. Thanks to automation, it allows educators to save a huge amount of time. In the Academia student management module, you can keep all the records under 100+ fields. Students can fill their details via the student portal, hence, teachers and staff can save time there. You can also generate ID cards and barcodes, generate reports with smart analytics and much more.
- Seamless Program & Courses Management One of the most important benefits of education ERP. This module of Education ERP creates and manages the plethora of programs & courses offered by different departments in higher education. Managing them includes defining the credits, hours and sections for the programs as well as setting up limits for programs being offered within a semester. It also maps programs & courses with respect to the sessions, i.e. programs offered within a session and with respect to courses, i.e programs offered within a course.For schools, it lays out the period name and underlying terms according to the specific duration, reporting cycle and student intake of an academic year. Its features simplify, centralize and organize the management system. With a single database system and integration of multiple departments, it allows information to flow seamlessly. This lets decision-makers to monitor, control processes and efficiently manage with 24*7 access to data.
- Smart Fee Management Managing the finances of educational institutions is not a simple task especially for the administration department. It involves creating multiple fee plans, recording fee details from every student (tuitions, enrollment, examinations, and other curricular activity fees). Beginning with creating a student fee plan at the time of enrollment, this feature generates reports on statements of account for each student, sponsor, and applicant for all transactions within a specific time range. It provides a discount calculation for stage selection and generates payable bills for the discount provided against each receivable bill including installment billing. An important module to make the administration efficient and error-free, this module is equipped to settle the payable bills with the respective fee heads such as admission fee, hostel fee, transport fee, etc. as well as manage refunds, cheque bounce and duplicate receipt issues.
- Easy Examination Processes This module of ERP efficiently handles all the exam-related processes in addition to preparing and managing pre-examinations tasks. To begin with, it manages exam notifications to send to student/parent/faculty portals along with exam programs and student registration. It can generate hall tickets and design exam schedules as well as manage exam day processes along with student exam attendance. The module evaluates and manages different marking heads i.e. mid-term, viva and final semester, records student performance as well as prepares results, transcripts and generates reports for result analysis.
- Integrated Employee Management Also known as HR Management. Like any other organization, education institutions also have multiple departments and numbers of employees associated with it. And it is tiresome to maintain all the records & details manually. Not only does it take a lot of time, but it is also difficult to find certain details as and when needed. With the help of the Academia Employee Management Module, it becomes easy to maintain and manage all the records. It also helps to manage time-sheet, leave management, payroll and reports related employees.
- 360-degree Campus Management This feature particularly manages the setup and information related to the college administration. The module can create as well as simultaneously manage several academic departments. Being customizable, its terminologies, underlying features and labels can be changed or modified based on the institute’s needs. In the case of institutions managing several campuses, the campus setup can also efficiently separate sets of terminologies for each one of them. Additionally, the module also configures and maps biometric device details for its various classes, labs, and program rooms. One of the most notable features is the provision offered to download documents in bulk for applicants, students as well as the faculty. It is capable of controlling the entire campus management process on a single platform. Academia also provides mobile applications for students and a responsive faculty portal for teachers to manage their tasks via mobile/tablet.
- Safe Transport Management Most of the educational institutions run transport services for staff and students. Sometimes it becomes confusing to keep up with all the details. Besides that, parents also want security & safety for their wards if they are availing school/college transportation. Education ERP systems such as Academia provide a unique Transportation Module in which all the details such as vehicle number, driver’s information, route information, etc. can be saved and shared with parents. Some ERP also provides GPS tracking systems to locate the real-time positions of vehicles. It makes it easier for staff to keep track of transportation data and it ensures safety for students.
- Enhanced Communication What if it becomes possible to save the time from handling 24X7 hr questions from prospective students? What if you could expand inquiry management beyond working hours without any workforce? Wouldn’t that be more productive? Education ERP software increases student-institute connectivity and makes it possible beyond the classroom. This also increases the interaction between students and teachers. They can interact over online via the portal or mobile app, by which teachers can upload the assignments and share that with students. It allows students to submit the completed assignments online via the student portal.
- Detailed Report & Analytics Campus ERP enables educators to organize the reporting system in day to day activities. With the integration of the smart analytics system, it assists staff to generate reports in a seamless and error-free manner. As it is a centralized student database system, it is very convenient to gather data from other departments and generate reports within seconds—no need to do data entry for hours. Moreover, the reporting system with ERP provides visual aids with different charts & bar graphs, which helps education leaders faster analysis and thereby data-informed decision making.
The institutions can forget about the hassles of maintaining piles of paperwork and have everything ready at the click of a button.
Educational ERP system implementation for your institute can increase the response time manifold. Whether it be an activity involving a single department or a cross-functional procedure, it eliminates the human effort and reduces the lead time. Finally and most importantly, it leaves you with energy and time to focus on the aspect that requires the most attention – ‘Education’.
The world has already taken a step towards accepting technology in areas as fundamental as education. It is high time you do it too!
Digitally transform your educational institute now and simplify your life. Request a free demo with Academia ERP – the world’s leading educational ERP software.